- Publish Date
- Thursday, 17 December 2015, 3:37PM
The classic 90's film is turning 20 in a few days so to celebrate here's some things you probs never knew about the chick flick.
1. The original concept of Clueless was about a girl searching for the perfect prom dress.
2. It was originally pitched as a TV show called 'No Worries'. It was supposed to be like Beverly Hills 90210.
3. Fifty-three different plaid patterns were reportedly used through the film.
4. Cher had 60 outfit changes.
5. The director, Amy Hecklering, created most of the slang used in the film. She had to explain to her actors what phrases like "going postal" meant.
6. The studio released a booklet called "How to Speak Cluelessly" to help promote the film.
7. Sarah Michelle Gellar was originally offered the role of Cher. She had to turn it down because of scheduling conflicts.
8. Reese Witherspoon was also considered for Cher.
9. But Alicia Silverstone nabbed the role because Hecklering wanted the girl from the Aerosmith music videos. She didn't even audition.
10. But Paul Rudd auditioned for every male role in the film. Including Murray because he didn't know the character was supposed to be black.
11. Owen Wilson auditioned for Travis.
12. Zooey Deschanel auditioned for Amber and Cher.
13. Brittany Murphy really was a virgin who couldn't drive.
14. Alicia Silverstone didn't know how to pronounce "Haitians" in real life. And they left the mistake in the movie.
15. Coolio himself suggested using "Rollin' With the Homies" in the movie.