- Publish Date
- Tuesday, 13 February 2018, 12:09PM
Sex is quite the personal thing.
But Durex has gotten down into the nitty gritty with people about the intimate things in life, to bring us a range of interesting sex facts.
So widen your sex-ed knowledge with these stats that the Durex 2017 Global Sex Survey Summary showed:
- Only 23% of sexually active people in NZ use a condom on a regular basis
- 25% of New Zealanders did not use contraception when losing their virginity
- 78% of New Zealanders have had sex education
- 34% of New Zealanders want more sex education about contraception
- On average masturbation is seen as more acceptable in New Zealand than it is globally (73%)
- 57% of New Zealanders believe it is acceptable to have a same sex partner
- The global average age that the population loses their virginity is dropping. The global average is currently sitting at 17.4 average
- 46% of people feel more attractive as a result of a good sex life
- Japan is the least sexually satisfied country, with India being the most satisfied
- The average length of sex (including foreplay) is 32 minutes