Man Lights Petrol Station On Fire Whilst Trying To Kill Spider

Publish Date
Monday, 28 September 2015, 6:53AM

A man caused a fire at a suburban Detroit gas station after he used a lighter to get rid of a spider near the fuel door.  

He pulled out his lighter to burn the spider, because he was scared of it, he said.

“He didn’t have a cigarette. He didn’t have anything on him. All of a sudden I look out and I see flames,” employee Susan Adams told Fox 2.

Whilst she hit the gas automatic stop button and called the Fire Department, the man managed to put out the fire with a nearby fire extinguisher.

Luckily, the man (who was not identified) escaped injury and his vehicle suffered little damage, but the gas pump was destroyed.

Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you