- Publish Date
- Wednesday, 31 July 2019, 12:34PM
The Victoria's Secret fashion show has apparently been cancelled for this year, and some believe it may be for the best.
Shanina Shaik - who has walked at the glamorous runway extravaganza in 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2018 - has revealed that the lingerie brand has decided to pull the plug on the annual event for 2019 so that organisers can work on "branding."
Speaking to Australia's Daily Telegraph newspaper, the 28-year-old Angel said: "Unfortunately the Victoria's Secret show won't be happening this year. It's something I'm not used to because every year around this time I'm training like an angel. But I'm sure in the future something will happen which I'm pretty sure about.
"I'm sure they're trying to work on branding and new ways to do the show because it's the best show in the world."
Cancellation news comes just two months after Leslie Wexner - who is the Chief Executive of Victoria's Secret parent company L Brands - claimed that the show would no longer air on network television after 24 years due to a plunge in ratings.
Last year, Victoria's Secret came under fire when L Brands' chief marketing officer Ed Razek commented on the lack of transgender models in the fashion show.
Speaking to Vogue magazine at the time, Razek said he doesn't think transgender models should be part of the show because "it's a fantasy."
Some fans online are speculating the cancelation may have to do with backlash from the public around the models they hire for the show itself.
We'll have to see what happens next...
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you