- Publish Date
- Saturday, 30 May 2020, 8:00AM
If there's anything we know, it's that nearly everyone loves Tim Tams...
And they've just been upgraded with this epic brownie recipe that will have you drooling.
The recipe is part of "The Big Recipe Release" by Arnotts, which has featured famous recipes involving all NZ's fave bikkies.
While iso may be over for most of us, we're hoping that iso baking will stick around, because we're CRAVING it.
Arnott's Tim Tam Brownies
Makes about 16 serves
120g dark chocolate, chopped
1½ cups (400g) caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup (120g) plain flour
1 tbs cocoa powder
½ tsp baking powder
1 x (200g) packet of Arnott's original Tim Tam, roughly chopped
½ cup almonds, roughly chopped
½ tsp sea salt flakes
1. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 20x20cm square cake tin. Line with baking paper.
2. Put chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat, stir until melted and smooth. Cool slightly.
3. Stir sugar into chocolate mixture; add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
4. Combine flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture.
5. Stir until just combined. Stir through Tim Tam. Pour batter into prepared tin. Spreading evenly, sprinkle with almonds and sea salt flakes.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until firm. Set aside to cool completely. Cut into pieces and serve.
Meanwhile, keen bakers have taken to Instagram to share their versions of the Iced VoVo recipe after the recipe was released in time for Mother's Day – and Arnott's was very impressed.