- Publish Date
- Monday, 8 June 2020, 3:18PM
Today, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern annoucned that New Zealand will move to Alert Level1 midnight tonight!
The announcements comes just two hours after health officials confirmed that the country now has no active Covid-19 cases.
Today the final active case, an Auckland woman in her 50s connected to the St Margaret's rest home cluster, was reported as recovered.
And there were no new cases.
The golden rules of Alert Level 1:
• If you are sick, stay home
• If you have cold or flu-like symptoms get tested
• Wash your hands, Wash your hands, Wash your hands
• Sneeze and cough into your elbow and regularly disinfect shared surfaces
• If you are told by health authorities to self isolate you must do so immediately
• If concerned about your wellbeing or you have underlying health conditions, consult with your GP
• Keep track of where you've been and who you've seen so we can use that for contact tracing if needed
• Businesses should help with rule seven by displaying a QR code
• Stay vigilant
For more information and updates, head to nzherald.co.nz.