- Publish Date
- Monday, 30 October 2023, 11:34AM
Matthew Perry is believed to have drowned in his spa at home hours after a game of pickleball and in a redacted 16-second recording of a 911 dispatch call obtained by TMZ, a man can be heard saying “rescue 23″ and “drowning”
An autopsy is pending and the coroner is reportedly prepared to do a toxicology examination, but the results could take several months.
The troubled ‘Friends’ actor’s blended family included his mum, dad, two step-parents, five step-siblings. They have released a statement telling of their devastation over his shock passing.
They told People on Sunday: “We are heartbroken by the tragic loss of our beloved son and brother.
Image via NZHerald
“Matthew brought so much joy to the world, both as an actor and a friend.”
They also thanked his legions of fans, adding: “You all meant so much to him and we appreciate the tremendous outpouring of love.”
Authorities rushed to Matthew’s home on Saturday after receiving a call about a cardiac arrest.
The LA County coroner’s office currently lists the case status of the actor’s death as “open” on its website, and an autopsy has been scheduled, though it could take months for the results to be released.
Matthew’s dad John Bennett Perry, 82, was seen arriving at his son’s LA home looking stricken hours after the actor’s death.
The star’s mum, Suzanne was seen looking downcast in the passenger seat of a car alongside Matthew’s stepdad Keith Morrison also turned up at the house looking distraught.
John was seen speaking to police officers before slowly walking back to his vehicle and being allowed under a cordon into his son’s home.
First published on Bangshowbiz and republished here with permission.
Matthew Perry posted photo of himself in spa pool five days before drowning death
Matthew Perry’s last post on Instagram was a picture of himself lounging in the corner of a spa pool, only five days before he would be found dead at a LA home.
In another eerie social media post, Perry shared a message about mental health just four days before his death.
“Matthew Perry was able to put a smile on my face when no one else could,” one shared. “I hope he knows he made an impact on a lot of people,” another fan wrote.
He was addicted to Vicodin for years, even while he was filming Friends, and had been in and out of rehab during peak stardom.
He was given just a 2 per cent chance of living after being comatose for two weeks and the actor had to use a colostomy bag while his colon healed.
He said at the peak of his addictions he was consuming about 55 Vicodin pills a day and weighed just 58kg.
Additional deets from NZ Herald
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you