- Publish Date
- Thursday, 7 December 2017, 4:19PM
Did you even see Christmas lights if you didn't put it on your Insta story?
It's that festive time of year, so grab ya bestie, ya Tinder date or whoever you can find to witness the pretty lights with you.
Sometimes the best spots can be a little hard to locate! So here's your guide to where to find the best Christmas light spots over the country:
Franklin Rd, Auckland
- The Franklin Rd tradition has been alive in Ponsonby for 25 years now, attracting thousands of people each year from around New Zealand and the world.
- The Franklin Rd Christmas lights are turned on at 8.30 until 11pm every night from December 1 to December 26.
Karaka Lakes Christmas Lights, 20 Cornwall Place, Karaka
- The light show starts at 9pm and Santa offers free rides on his sleigh from 8pm.
Motat Night Christmas lights, 805 Great North Rd, Western Springs
- There will be live entertainment, Christmas fare and Santa's grotto.
- Entry is $2 and children under five can enter for free. All proceeds will go towards Women's Refuge and Auckland City Mission.
Harrowfield Drive, Hamilton
- More than 1500 children walk Harrowfield every Christmas with displays including Christmas songs and Star Wars theme tunes.
TSB Festival of Lights, Pukekura Park, New Plymouth
- Each summer the TSB Festival of Lights transforms Pukekura Park into a magical illuminated night-time wonderland of multi-coloured lights gleaming amongst the trees, attracting more than 100,000 visitors each year.
- It runs from Sunday December 16 through to Sunday February 3.
Tremains Christmas Lights, Napier/Hastings/Havelock/Taradale
- Homes, gardens, shops and buildings are transformed into Christmas wonderlands, decorated with magical light displays to celebrate the festive season.
- Lights will be running from December 1 to 24, with tickets for buses and guided tours $5 each.
Christchurch Christmas Lights show, 650 Shands Rd, Christchurch
- Complete with rollercoaster, ferris wheel, swing chair and merry-go-round, the Christchurch Christmas Lights show is set to bring the city to life.
- Entry is available every night from 8.30pm through to December 30. Entry is $5 per person.
Donnington St, Parklands, Christchurch
- A number of houses on Donnington St have been registered in the Light Up Christmas list by the public, likely making it one of Christchurch's most popular Christmas lights street displays for 2018.