- Publish Date
- Saturday, 24 March 2018, 2:22PM
If you're heading to Ed Sheeran's Kiwi tour this weekend or next, there are some things you should know.
Here's the lowdown on everything from set times to shopping destinations, including what you can and can't take with you to the show so you don't get caught out at the gate.
Approximate Set Times:
4.00pm - Gates Open
6.30pm - Lost Bird
7.30pm - Drax Project
8.45pm - Ed Sheeran
4.00pm - Doors Open
6:30pm - Mitch James
7:30pm - Six60
8.45pm - Ed Sheeran
The forecast is currently showing potential showers and rain for both cities. The show will go ahead no matter the weather so if it does turn out to be wet, take a raincoat as umbrellas are not permitted in either stadium.
• Travel on special bus and train services is included with your concert ticket, check out the details at AT here.
• If you're being dropped off or picked up, the best meeting points are Church St west of Maurice Rd intersection, or Mt Smart Rd west of Rockfield Rd intersection - just check your ticket to see which is closest to your entry gate.
• There are some parking options in surrounding streets, but be careful because if you park somewhere which is later subject to road closures or parking restrictions you may be towed or delayed from leaving.
• There is onsite mobility parking for patrons who hold a current mobility parking permit.
• The stadium is an easy 20-minute walk from the Octagon, connecting with all major bus services - check the bus schedule here.
• Bike stands are available outside the stadium.
• There is limited car parking in the area around the stadium. Access to the stadium east end carpark will only be open to members with parking permits.
However, there is a walkway linking the wharf area from Wickliffe Street near the corner of Fryatt Street to the stadium and there is free carparking around those areas.
• There are seven marked mobility car parks available on a first in, first served basis in the East End carpark between Gates E & F. A mobility pass must be visible within the vehicle. Once these car parks are full, mobility access is offered at the drop off point only.
You're encouraged to print your tickets as some phones may not be readable on the ticket scanners. Also, be aware that everyone needs their own valid ticket – including infants and children.
The pop-up stores
Ed Sheeran is bringing his much-hyped pop-up stores and kombi to Auckland and Dunedin where you can nab exclusive New Zealand merch, take a photo in the Ed-themed kombi.
You can also enter the draw to win flights, accommodation and tickets to see Ed perform in Los Angeles later this year, or other spot prizes throughout the day. Here's where to find 'em:
Takutai Square Atrium, 44 Galway St
Friday March 23, 11am – 6pm
Thursday March 29, 11am–6pm
What you can and can't bring
ALSO: ZM has made a couple of very cool Snapchat filters for all Ed Sheeran shows. They'll be available from 8pm on the night that you attend - make sure you look out for them to get some cool Snapchats!