- Publish Date
- Tuesday, 2 February 2016, 1:45PM
THIS IS BIG NEWS.
Harry Styles is taking the next step in his music career and going solo. It has been confirmed that he has cut ties with One Direction's management team, Modest Management, for a new deal with CAA's Jeffrey Azoff.
"We wish Harry the very best. It has been a real pleasure working with him," Modest executives Richard Griffiths and Harry Magee said in a statement to Billboard. "Harry is a total gentleman, and we know our good friend Jeffrey Azoff will look after him. We look forward to sharing some great wine with them next time we are in L.A."
According to the Us Weekly, One Direction's current break is actually permanent, as the band decided not to renew their contract.
"The 1D thing just ran its course," an insider told Us last month. "They’ll remain friends, but they are exhausted and want solo careers."