- Publish Date
- Tuesday, 12 April 2022, 11:09AM
OnScreen is a short filmmaking platform for high school students across Aotearoa. Student filmmaking teams are challenged to be inspired by film briefs designed by film industry legends.
Get involved with an epic prize pool worth over $11,000 of cash and prizes from GoPro!
Registrations are now CLOSED and films are due on 23 Sep 2022 - we can't wait to see them!
The Power of Music category is all about music videos! All music must be original or royalty-free - this is a great opportunity to link up with a friend’s band to create an epic music video.
ZM is hooking you up with the ZM's Choice Award for best music video – a prize of $500 cash and a GoPro Hero10 Black.
The 2022 film briefs are:
- Truth Be Told (Take inspiration from real events. This includes documentaries as well as narrative films. Your film might have a powerful message, or simply be inspired by a slice of life that is quirky. Or funny. Or interesting or amazing.)
- Twist (Shock viewers with an unexpected twist during your film. Focus on storytelling, narrative and character development - so that the twist comes as a real surprise)
- Alternate Realities (Invent a new cinematic world, and get seriously weird and wacky. It could be futuristic, past, dream state or completely delusional)
- The Power of Music (Think music videos, a musical or narrative film all about music. All music must be original or royalty-free - this is a great opportunity to link up with a friend’s band to create an epic music video)
OnScreen is supported by the Vista Foundation, NZ on Screen, ZM and GoPro.
For more info, head to www.onscreen.co.nz.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you