- Publish Date
- Monday, 25 September 2017, 3:26PM
One of the stars of The Block NZ says tragedy struck her family while she was filming the reality show. Stace Cottrill revealed she lost a family member to suicide while she was on the show, but kept quiet during filming.
"I never took time out when it happened - I was in a state of shock," Cottrill told Womens Day. Producers weren't aware of the tragedy.
"Stace kept this private during filming and it was not known to production," a spokesperson said.
Cottrill and her Palmerston North bestie and Block partner Yanita McLeay have pledged to donate their Givealittle proceeds - set up after their narrow loss on the show - to Lifeline Aotearoa.
"Suicide touches so many people and it doesn't need to. If this money makes even the tiniest bit of difference, then it's worth it," says Cottrill.
Their Givealittle page has had $3536 donated by 146 people.
• Lifeline: 0800 543 354 (available 24/7)
• Suicide Crisis Helpline: 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO) (available 24/7)
• Youth services: (06) 3555 906
• Youthline: 0800 376 633
• Kidsline: 0800 543 754 (available 24/7)
• Whatsup: 0800 942 8787 (1pm to 11pm)
• The Word
• Depression helpline: 0800 111 757 (available 24/7)
• Rainbow Youth: (09) 376 4155
• CASPER Suicide Prevention
If it is an emergency and you feel like you or someone else is at risk, call 111.
This article was first published on nzherald.co.nz and is republished here with permission.