- Publish Date
- Friday, 22 December 2017, 7:35AM
Official photographs to mark the engagement of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been released by Kensington Palace!
Prince Harry proposed to Meghan Markle during a “cosy night” in a couple of weeks back and now the pair have released three gorgeous pics on the @kensingtonroyal Instagram account:
"It was an incredible honor to be asked to document this wonderful event, but also a great privilege to be invited to share and be a witness to this young couple’s love for one another," the photographer, Alexi Lubomirski, said according to a statement from the palace. "I cannot help but smile when I look at the photos that we took of them, such was their happiness together."
The photos come just one day after the couple joined fellow members of the royal family for Queen Elizabeth II’s annual Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace.
Harry and Markle will marry May 19, 2018 at St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle.
The 33-year-old royal popped the question to the American actress earlier this month, and after the news of their engagement was announced on Monday (27.11.17), the pair have now revealed details of how the romantic gesture happened.
Speaking to the BBC in their first televised interview together, 36-year-old Meghan said: “It was a cosy night, we were roasting chicken … and it was an amazing surprise. It was so sweet and natural and very romantic. He got on one knee.”
The ‘Suits’ actress didn’t have to think about her answer either, as the pair revealed she was already saying yes before Harry had finished proposing.