- Publish Date
- Tuesday, 28 November 2017, 2:33PM
The incredibly talented Julia Michaels popped by to chat with Cam before opening for Shawn Mendes on Saturday night (full interview above)!
If you're not familiar with Julia, let's just give you a few facts about the American singer-songwriter.
1. She started off as a songwriter in her teenage years, writing for TV shows such as Austin and Ally
2. Julia has since written songs such as "Sorry" for Justin Bieber, "Miss Movin' On" for Fifth Harmony, and "Bad Liar" for Selena Gomez
3. Michaels signed with Republic Records released her debut solo single in 2017, "Issues", which peaked at number 11 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the United States and was certified double-platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA)
4. She's now released her EP Nervous System (2017)
So yeah, she's kind of a big deal. Julia spoke to Cam about why she finally kept a song for herself, how the song-writing process happens for big artists like Justin Bieber, and her highlights of 2017.
Why did you take so long to keep a song for yourself, and what is 'Issues' about?
Do you know which artists you are writing for when you're writing?
What's been your highlight of 2017?
What tattoos have you got, what do they mean and are you going to get more?