- Publish Date
- Monday, 5 March 2018, 3:58PM
We lost one Aussie (Jase) and unfortunately, we just happened to get another...
Bree is a new ZM team member and comes from the land down under (well actually above us but you get it).
And in the past two months has discovered a lot about our lil slice of paradise.
Here are her findings:
- A fan shortage? What the hell is that… Yep its a real thing in NZ apparently, after being turned away by the 6th store I got over the person laughing at me and saying “Good luck finding one”.
- Pay Pass (paywave) isn’t really a thing here... yet.
- The national chocolate is “Whitakers” and not Cadbury… still both delicious.
- Wages are lower but cost of living is higher! Everything is so expensive; I demand a pay increase for all Kiwi’s at once!
- Kiwis have ammmmazing sweet potatoes or “Kumara’s”…that’s what the locals call them!
- Fuel is expensive but rego is cheap!
- “H” is pronounced very differently, as I’ve been corrected multiple times..
- There is no Guzman Y Gomez here! (Mexican chain restaurant that tastes like Jesus sliding down a rainbow!)
- Kiwi’s love a sheep placenta product… hand cream, herbal pills and other various things that I can’t even begin to wrap my head around.
- Being a massive rugby league fan I was stoked to find out that State Of Origin is a big thing in New Zealand! Go the Maroons!
- Wellington = actually windy
Rotorua = actually smelly
12. There are big arse huge dark freak looking seagulls here! Run!
- There are literally none of the hundreds of deadly, terrifying and poisonous animals we have in Australia in New Zealand. What a relief.
- It’s called “Kiwisaver” here and not “Supa”…boring.
- People actually LIKE Marmite here.
- Glorivale. Nuf said. :/
I realise most of these are food related… girl gotta eat!