- Publish Date
- Tuesday, 31 January 2017, 11:42AM
NZ BOMBCOMP & FLOCHELLA INFO
Alcohol and Smoke free event.
Free event open to all ages.
Waitangi Weekend, 4 - 6th February 2017.
Wharewaka Point Reserve, Taupo .
NZ Bomb Comp Details
• Opening Hours for the NZ Bomb Comp
Sat 4th: 10:00am – 7:00pm.
Sun 5th: 9.30am – 9:00pm.
* NZ Bomb Finals will be held on Sunday at 12:30PM
* Flochella will take place on the Sunday 5th 3.00pm – 6.30pm
Mon 6th: 10:00am – 6:00pm.
• For futher Bomb Comp info, comp registrations and day passes please visit nzbombcomp.co.nz.
• We will do our best to limit the downtime of platforms being used for the official competition. Please be aware some platforms will be closed during these times.
Flochella Event Times
• The gates for the NZ Bomb Comp & Flochella open at 9.30AM on the Sunday.
• Everyone who enters the area from 9.30AM will be given a wrist band. Once you have a wrist band you will be allowed to come in and out of the venue.
• The concert will start from approximately 3:00PM and go until 6.30PM
• Please note, these times are approximate and subject to change at The Promoter’s discretion.
• For health & safety reasons on the Sunday we have a maximum number of 3,000 people in the fenced off reserve including 1,000 people in a designated float zone.
• The designated float zone will be patrolled by trained life-guards and volunteers so people can float and watch the concert. Once this area is full , for safety reasons we will not allow further people in. People can float in other areas at their own risk.
• Due to safety, once the venue is at capacity and all the wrist bands have been handed out on the Sunday, people will no longer be able to access the event area.
• Please keep an eye out on our social media and listen to ZM for any capacity updates across the Sunday.
• The NZ Bomb Comp & Flochella is an all ages event. We request that only competent swimmers get in the water for the Flochella Concert.
• You must be 16 or over to be eligible for a free ZM swim ring or unicorn.
Food & Drinks
• Wharewaka reserve will be an alcohol free area from Friday 3rd of Feb till Tuesday the 7th. Anyone found to have alcohol will have it confiscated by security. Please respect this and leave it at home.
• There will be vendors onsite throughout the weekend to purchase food and non-alchoholic drinks. There will be water available onsite.
• You are allowed to bring in food and non-alcoholic drinks. There will be bag-checks before the Flochella concert to ensure no alcohol is brought in.
• Anyone who is appearing drunk and disorderly will also not be allowed in or may asked to leave the venue by security.
Toilets & Rubbish
• There will be extra toilets and rubbish bins placed on site across the weekend.
• Please be respectful and take your rubbish with you.
• There is free parking in designated areas. Please follow site signage and traffic management team instructions. Reference site map.
• Please note, there is no public transport available to the area.
• For the Flochella Event, if the venue reaches capacity , the parking area will be shut down and no one will be allowed in.
Safety & Security
• During the event there will be an on-site security & medical team.
• For the NZ Bomb Comp, identification could be requested by Security if you look older than 14 and you've purchased a Child's pass.
• NZ Bomb Comp Rules must be followed at all times otherwise you risk losing your pass.
• There are no lockers rooms at the event, so possessions are to be left at your own risk.
• For the Flochella Event there will be increased security on-site. Anyone who does not adhere to the security regulations or instructions on event day, will have their wrist band taken off them and asked to leave the venue.
Wet Or Extreme Weather
• The event will go ahead even if it is raining.
• Please check our social media for updates in the case of extreme weather.
Boats for Flochella
• You will be able to watch from boats but please keep a very safe distance from swimmers at all times.
• Please also respect all NZ Bomb Comp crew instructions if asked.
After Party – Element Bar
• Head to the official NZ Bomb Comp & Flochella after party from Element Bar Tuwharetoa Street, Taupo from 9pm
• Please note this is a licensed venue and valid id will be required on entry.
BOMB COMP Frequently Asked Questions
• If I've purchased my pass online where do I pick it up from?
Bring your I.D, receipt or email on your phone to the NZ Bomb Comp Tent during the event and our staff will give you a Wristband.
• Do I get a refund if I have left over Bombs or Giant Swings on my Wristband?
No. It's up to you to make sure you make the most of the day/s.
• I only want to do a Bomb or two and maybe try the Giant Swing?
Great, there's a variety of options to purchase on the day.
• Can I come and watch the event for free?
• Do you allow camping on site?
No camping is allowed. Please visit www.greatlaketaupo.com to find appropriate camping sites.